Sussex VA Chamber of Commerce is hosting a Town Hall Debate for the candidates for Sussex County Commonwealth's Attorney - Lindsay Hartz and Vincent Robertson. The event will take place at Jessica Moore Foundation, 408 School Street, Waverly, VA at 7PM on Tuesday, October 20, 2020. The deadline to RSVP to attend the event and submit debate questions is Wednesday, October 14 by 5PM. RSVP's and debate questions may be submitted to email@example.com.
- The doors will open at the Jessica Moore Foundation at 6:30PM. We are allowing time for attendees to enter and be processed according to COVID protocols.
- There is a 75 person limit, and after Chamber members, we have approximately 45 remaining seats available. If we do not reach our 75 person limit based on RSVP's prior to October 20, we will allow last minute attendees.
- To be able to enter the event, each individual will be asked the normal COVID questions, have temperatures taken, and sign in stating their answers as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia. Attendees are asked to wear their masks during the event.
- The event will also be carried virtually, via Zoom. Closer to the event date, we will share on the Chamber's website and Facebook page the link to the Zoom meeting.
- The debate will open with a brief welcome and explanation of what is to be expected. Candidates will be seated at separate tables on opposite sides of the room. The candidates will not be required to wear masks during the event, but we ask that they wear them until the conversation gets started.
- We will start with an opening statement from each candidate, not to exceed three minutes. Following opening statements, the question and answer session will begin with topic areas and 2-3 questions for each topic. Answers will be limited to 2 minutes with a 1 minute rebuttal. At the end of the event, candidates will have the opportunity to provide closing remarks.
- We intend to keep the event at 1 hour.
- We can not guarantee that all submitted questions will be asked, but we will do our best to incorporate as many similar questions as possible during the sesssion.
You may also view the debate via Zoom.
Zoom Link - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8023206794
Meeting ID - 802 320 6794